Policy routing - most specific subnet does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 20:01:10 - last edited 2022-10-20 08:01:54

Hi, 

as it seems, more-specific routing (which is the correct way of L3-routing) is not supported on TP-Link devices? 

Which means, if I set a policy for some /8 network to be routed to a specific interface, a different policy with a /24 out of the same range should be handled differently. But thats not the case. The /8 policy wins. Is there anything I can do as a workaround? Except for splitting all the networks, because thats quite a lot.

Is there any additional information, how exactly the policy routing works internally? Is it like a normal routing-table, where all policies are put into one large table?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Policy routing - most specific subnet does not work-Solution
2022-10-06 18:39:14 - last edited 2022-10-20 08:01:54

I found a workaround though.

It looks like the list of policies is gone through top to bottom and the order of the list is purely the time of creation of the policy. 

So if I want the more specific entries to be prioritized, I need to create that policy first.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Policy routing - most specific subnet does not work-Solution
2022-10-06 18:39:14 - last edited 2022-10-20 08:01:54

I found a workaround though.

It looks like the list of policies is gone through top to bottom and the order of the list is purely the time of creation of the policy. 

So if I want the more specific entries to be prioritized, I need to create that policy first.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 1

Related Articles