How to set WAN onine detection to DNS only with gateway in controller mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 11:08:55 - last edited 2022-11-22 14:25:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

Hi,

I am looking for a way to set the WAN online detection to DNS only with my gateway in controller mode if possible. I really need the gateway to be able to detect when a WAN is offline even though the ethernet cable remains connected.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to set WAN onine detection to DNS only with gateway in controller mode
2022-10-20 11:15:25 - last edited 2022-11-22 14:23:40

Dear @Farai_M ,

Farai_M wrote

I am looking for a way to set the WAN online detection to DNS only with my gateway in controller mode if possible. I really need the gateway to be able to detect when a WAN is offline even though the ethernet cable remains connected.

The current controller can customize the ping/DNS in the Echo Server settings so that when the IP address is entered manually, Online Detection pings this address by default.
When a domain name is entered manually, Online Dection will resolve the domain name and ping the resolved IP address.

You can go to Omada Gateway's Detailed page-----Config----Advanced, please refer to the following image:

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-11-15 16:29:16

Hi,thanks for your reply. I implemented the settings as shown and thought the matter had been resolved but i have since descovered that the gateway continues to indicate a WAN as online even when it has lost internet connectivity. I changed the echo server to a url instead of an IP address to see if it makes any change and nothing changed. I then downloaded the running logs and configuration before manually disconnecting the offline WAN.

Kindly Assist

Hank21 wrote

Dear @Farai_M ,

Farai_M wrote

The current controller can customize the ping/DNS in the Echo Server settings so that when the IP address is entered manually, Online Detection pings this address by default.
When a domain name is entered manually, Online Dection will resolve the domain name and ping the resolved IP address.

You can go to Omada Gateway's Detailed page-----Config----Advanced, please refer to the following image:

Best Regards!

Options
2022-11-22 14:25:02

@Farai_M @Hank21 Can someone please assist

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 3

Related Articles