Omada Site URLs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Site URLs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada Site URLs
Omada Site URLs
2022-10-30 08:24:57

Hi All,

Hoping this is possible but unsure.

We're currently trying to build a multi-tenant Omada solution which is automatically provisioned from our billing and automation platform.

The idea being that each client who signs up will be allocated a site, and can manage their own devices from there.

When trying to adopt a device in the controller currently it seems to show across all sites and can be adopted from the first "winning" site.

Instead, is there a way where you can input like a site ID in the device that you plan to add to the controller, and it'll automatically add/adopt into the correct site? The idea that we just give a client their unique URL and they can put it on new devices and it'll automatically show in their site and not be a free-for-all for anyone to adopt.

If this isn't possible but anyone has any better ideas, I'd be more than happy to hear them!

Thanks very much :)

Cheers,

Adam

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Site URLs
2022-10-30 15:36:16 - last edited 2022-10-30 15:36:27

@Adzbez I think your description is not enough for anybody to help properly. First what I think about is, your customer can get own controller where a customer can manage its own sites, by that your problem would be resolved and device would appear only in controllers network. As you say billing, I assume there is some backend doing the job automated, that is part which you did not describe as it would be kinda describing how it is already built (or not) and which resources are available for your use case, especially for the case that everybody gets own virtual/non virtual controller.

If you add just sites, then you should remove user ability to add/remove devices, instead your company should do it in the backend and when users want to assign devices to a site, they could do so by mac&site combination. That way you would ensure that only your backend manages devices and assigns them to a correct client only.

Options
Re:Omada Site URLs
2022-10-31 08:21:57

@Adzbez 

You want to manage the devices through Intenret right?

The device will be "Pending status" on all sites' "Devices" list. You jut need to choose the correct site on the controller page, and then adopt it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 2

Related Articles