Best 5Ghz US Channels for long range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 01:01:55
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

What are the best 5Ghz channels, from a power point of view, to use for longer range mesh 'hops'? Id like to make sure the root AP's are using the best possible channel for power/range. In the US various 5Ghz channels have different power limits, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get anything over 23/25db.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Best 5Ghz US Channels for long range
2022-11-13 15:59:54

@dononeil you will have o experiment, because what's best depends on your particular rf environment

Options
2022-11-14 17:08:30

@crrodriguez There are no wireless users for miles in the area, this is for a long distance rural install. I just want to know which channels will have the strongest signal strength for open clear transmission with no interference.

As I stated, there ar various regulations that limit signal strength, I want to know what those limits are on the gear when set up in the US. The controller seems to limit everything to 23db when set manually, but that is not the legal limit on some channels, some are 25db, some are 30 db. I'm assuming then when power is set to 'high', the max legal power is used, unless there are hardware limitations, which is what I'm trying to find out. The product docs do not say what the max power is.

Options
2022-11-14 17:59:36

@dononeil according to the internet your device maximum power on 5ghz is 25dbm

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 3

Related Articles