Import a pre-configured ER605 and EAP225 into Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 13:28:03
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I have a site that has a manually configured ER605 performing load balancing across two WAN networks with an EAP225 connected, also manually configured.

I have set the controller inform URL to my Cloud controller and can see them in a pending state, however, if I were to onboard them, will they retain their current configuration once they are adopted by the controller?

Best

Chris

Options
3 Reply
Re:Import a pre-configured ER605 and EAP225 into Controller
2022-11-19 14:50:54 - last edited 2022-11-19 14:52:20

@Lasermatrix 

If I understand you correctly, you have configured a router and access point in stand alone mode?

then everything will be deleted when you adopt to controller, but you can configure the controller before you adopt the device to it. you can set up almost anything, that way you won't have as much downtime on network..

Options
2022-11-19 16:53:26

@shberge 

Thanks, I may hold fire since my controller is on another site.

I currently have site to site VPN's configured, but if they get wiped, then I'm going to lose that.  I have configured the inform URL to be a publicly accessible URL to my controller.

But if they are going to get wiped, then the WAN configuration is going to get wiped out along with the site to site and I won't be able to reconfigure that from the remote controller I am assuming.

Options
2022-11-19 17:05:55

@Lasermatrix 

you cannot adopt a router in a vpn tunnel, it must be adopted on the wan interface, but after the router has been adopted to a remote site you can adopt the access point and switch in the vpn tunnel, it is quite simple and not problematic at all .

VPN tunnels and everything you need can be created before you adopt the router in omada controller.

just in case you should enable management to controller from your remote site via the internet not only in VPN tunnel,

Options