Omada Software Controller_V5.7.4 - Bug Report

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-27 19:04:45 - last edited 2022-11-27 21:25:22
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Omada Software Controller_V5.7.4

Two bugs...

- Changing the Band Steering selection to anything else and selecting Save results in whatever the pre-saved setting was, in other words, it does not allow modifying the selection that was already established.

- Selecting Clients (list) no longer remembers the items per page setting and always defaults to 10.  The prior version 5.6.4 would remember the setting established.  This may not be a bug, but it is a big convenience to not have to set the items per page EVERY time the page is selected.

- Looks like auto-refresh is broken too.

Thanks.

APs: EAP225v3, EAP245v3, EAP670, Controller: Linux, Primary Switch: T2600-28TS, Routing: OPNsense
Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller_V5.7.4 - Bug Report
2022-11-30 03:57:03

Dear @GPB ,

GPB wrote

Changing the Band Steering selection to anything else and selecting Save results in whatever the pre-saved setting was, in other words, it does not allow modifying the selection that was already established.

- Selecting Clients (list) no longer remembers the items per page setting and always defaults to 10.  The prior version 5.6.4 would remember the setting established.  This may not be a bug, but it is a big convenience to not have to set the items per page EVERY time the page is selected.

Thank you very much for your feedback on these two issues in the community.

We have feedback to the Support team and confirmed that these issues will be fixed in controller 5.8.

Please keep an eye on our website.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-12-13 17:02:42

@GPB 

another interesting bug:

When setting up a LAG, you only have a couple of seconds to select all of the options in the override dialog. Otherwise, the static / passive / active LAG radio buttons are grayed out and you get a general error message.

LAG works fine afterwards when you've been fast enough.

Options
2022-12-13 17:41:16

@mwo  Since the auto refresh is broken (at least it is for me) I would've suggested maybe it's that.

@Hank21 , See new report above.  I have no way to test that as I'm not running an Omada compatible switch.  :)

APs: EAP225v3, EAP245v3, EAP670, Controller: Linux, Primary Switch: T2600-28TS, Routing: OPNsense
Options
2022-12-14 05:13:20

Dear  @mwo 

mwo wrote

@GPB 

another interesting bug:

When setting up a LAG, you only have a couple of seconds to select all of the options in the override dialog. Otherwise, the static / passive / active LAG radio buttons are grayed out and you get a general error message.

LAG works fine afterwards when you've been fast enough.

I ran the test on Software controller v5.7.4 but I did not see this issue. 

May I know your web browser version? Could you please also try Private/Incognito mode?

Regards

Options
2022-12-25 18:14:51

@Hank21 I've tried this with current versions of Firefox and Edge with and without private mode. It's all the same. There are some other guys in this forum who also ran into this issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 5

Related Articles