Adopted switch starts to block VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 09:08:59

Hi.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

There is no loop in the network. Port 1/0/25 is the only connection to the switch SG3428X.Also, there are no broadcasting or flooding devices (e.g. there are no devices in VLAN 2 right now)

It didn't do this when it was in standalone mode.

The port is configured as trunk port with several other VLANs which are not blocked (e.g. VLANs 5 and 8).

Due to this the switch disconnects itself from the controller which frequently shows missed heartbeats and disconnections.

Thank you

Martin

Controller Version 5.7.4

switch Firmware Version 1.0.9

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adopted switch starts to block VLANs
2022-11-30 05:39:02

@mwo 

This error message is usually caused by the presence of a loop in the network.

The loop is not necessarily caused by the physical connection, but may also be caused by your VLAN settings, so it is recommended to check the loop.

You can try turning off Loop Detection.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Adopted switch starts to block VLANs
2022-12-13 19:59:55 - last edited 2022-12-13 20:00:35

@Virgo 

I checked. There are no loops in the network. It is strictly radial but has LAGs between some switches. Also, STP is running just in case. After turning loopback detection off, the error disappeared. So, thanks for the hint.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 2

Related Articles