VPN L2TP IPSEC does not reconnect after internet drops and comes back

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 19:12:54
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

My VPN made between the parent company and the subsidiary drops due to momentary instability of the internet, and does not automatically go up, stopping all the operational work of the company. I have to reset the 02 routers (ER7602 and ER605) and do everything again to make it work again. If I stop and reset the VPN it won't accept it. I would like to know if anyone knows how to leave the reconnection automatically

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN L2TP IPSEC does not reconnect after internet drops and comes back
2022-11-30 07:01:14

@Bug_do_Ti 

Are you setting up an L2TP VPN or a site-site IPsec VPN?

If you disable and re-enable the VPN entry that was working before, will the VPN connect?

Or do you not need to reset the router as a whole, but just delete the existing VPN entry and create a new one to see if it will connect properly?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:VPN L2TP IPSEC does not reconnect after internet drops and comes back
2023-01-27 01:01:48

@Virgo 

I need to reset the 02 routers and configure the VPNS again so that it works again. Nothing I do other than that makes the VPN come back between the 2 companies. And this is causing a big inconvenience. Every week approximately the VPN drops and stops working and even turning off the routers it does not come back. I even switched to OpenVPN but the same thing happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 2