Can't change AP's radio mode via Omada Hardware Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 20:44:29
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.7.7

Hello,

I'm facing an issue connecting Ring Video Doorbell to my Wifi, I have tried everything and I can't connect.

I've read on Ring Support Page that is was related with Wifi 6 (802.11 ax) being used.

So, Im trying to change Radio Mode on the Omada Controller but it's impossible. The only way I've found was forgetting AP from the Controller e configuring it directly on the AP.

Could anyone help me to find a way to change it via Omada Controller?

Tks

Igor

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't change AP's radio mode via Omada Hardware Controller
2023-01-01 11:25:29 - last edited 2023-01-01 12:35:41

@IgorNassif  Create a 2.4Ghz Wifi in Omada for the Ring on the AP to which you want it to connect. 

VIDEO> Creating 2.4Ghz SSID on one Access Point in Mesh

1. Settings > Wifi Networks > WLAN > Create a New Wireless Network in the same group (likely Default Group)  Name SSID something different than existing SSID, tic only 2.4Ghz, set security and save it.

2. Devices > Pick Desired AP to which Ring will connect > Config > WLans    If it was created in the same group it will already be present and activated.

3. If you have multiple APs, open those up and go to the same settings in step 2 and un-tic the new 2.4ghz in the WLan list so that its only active on the AP to which the Ring will connect.

Options
2023-01-02 20:38:16

HI, It didn't work.

I need to change radio from 802.11 ax to 802.11 b/g/n.

But even doing what you've suggested its not working.

The only way I found was forgetting AP from Omada and changing radio directly there.

Any other suggestions?

Options
2023-01-03 06:20:28

@IgorNassif,

Not sure if this helps you, but, it's apparently possible to switch on/off the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz per AP, via Controller.

Go to the AP you want to, then the Config tab, then Radios option. There you will find the 2.4 and 5 Ghz sub-tabs, each with an "Enable" checkbox.

Options
2023-01-03 11:58:36 - last edited 2023-01-03 12:06:44

@IgorNassif when you say the only way you have found is to forget it and changing the radio directly there, are you referring to putting the AP in Standalone, and it allows you to change modes that way?   If so then it looks like you are stuck until they release a fix for the RING.  My only guess as to why you cant make that change in MESH is that mode may be used for the MESH.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 4

Related Articles