VOIP only working sporadically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-05 17:16:01
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.4

Hi.

I used to run a Swissvoice CP2505G VOIP phone directly connected to a FritzBox 7490. The setup worked fine. To power the phone via POE I placed the SG2008P in between. Since then, the phone only sporadically registers at the FB. Registration works after a reboot of the FB and is kept for a couple of minutes. Then the phone status shows timeout. It tries to re-register every 30s but this only works every once in a while. There are some hours of timeout in between and when it was able to register, it runs into the timeout again after a short time. When I plug the phone back to the FB it immediately continues to work. So, I assume the switch to be the problem. It is controlled by Omada 5.8.4. 

Phone and FB are in the same VLAN and can ping each other. LLDP-MED is activated for this VLAN. I have tried to change the registration expiration period but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Options
2 Reply
Re:VOIP only working sporadically
2023-02-06 14:58:00

@mwo 

have you tried to "reset" the switch and just run it WITHOUT controller, like a dumb switch?

does the problem appear then?

Options
Re:VOIP only working sporadically
2023-02-06 20:50:15

@kogan Yes, I did. I also tried an SG108PE. The problem stays the same. TP-Link seems to block something.

Martin

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 2

Related Articles