EAP610 slow throughput

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610 slow throughput

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP610 slow throughput
EAP610 slow throughput
2023-02-13 20:25:52 - last edited 2023-02-15 16:24:13
Tags: #Firmware Update #possible firmware bug
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi,

My EAP610 v3 is much slower than expected. I switched from an AX10/AX1500 which easily pushed into the 700mbps territory within close proximity with the test client of an iPhone 13 pro (2x2 mimo). The EAP610 on the other hand only sometimes goes to 5-600mbps, usually lingers around 300mbps, sometimes even slower. The AP is currently provisioned by software controller but I tried resetting and leaving it in standalone too. I tried leaving all radio related settings on auto and also tried manually selecting channels, bandwidth of 80Mhz and high power.

What am I missing? I can't believe that an enterprise-grade-like hardware is pretty much half as powerful as an entry level commercial home router..

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP610 slow throughput
2023-02-13 21:16:20

@Mark44 

The the enterprise APs are programmed and devloped in a different way as in a residental wireless router.  

They are Built/Programmed for high client count with high volume of bandwidth.  

You are kinda comparing apples to oranges when it comes to the dev side things.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-02-13 22:46:21

@KimcheeGUN 

I understand. Still, you're saying 3-400mbps is ok? If so, is there a way to remove or alter this "built in QoS" per say? It really feels like it throttles it on purpose because the speed ramps up then stays there pretty constantly. Feels as if it could go higher.. it's understandable this is necessary for many clients but why not give way when there arent that many atm? 
what do you suggest?

Options
2023-02-14 13:15:03

@Mark44 

Not saying its ok...  Just saying this with any enterprise access point, no matter the brand, that's the main goal.  Isn't to satisfy the speed test sites.  

I would suggest looking at the basics... cabling, channel scanning (WiFi Ai scanning), disable all advance features, also confirm the client signal strength when doing the speed test.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-02-14 13:46:40

@KimcheeGUN 

Right. I tested the uplink cabling, it passes as gigabit easily. I think a good approach could be reverting (again) the AP to standalone, turning virtually everything off except for 5GHz WiFi and set it as channel 36, 80MHz, high transmission power. That really should rule everything out.

Let me know what else you think I could try!

Options
2023-02-15 16:28:09

After thorough testing I suspect this may be a firmware bug. I actually get very good speeds and coverage but only for a few minutes. A few minutes pass by and I get capped speeds at around 300mbps. I don't even need to reboot the AP, I only turn the 5G antenna off then immediately turn it back on and the nice fast speeds are back again for a few minutes. How should I reach out to TP link support? Do they read this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 5

Tags

Firmware Update
possible firmware bug
Related Articles