VLAN Trouble

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN Trouble

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN Trouble
VLAN Trouble
2023-02-16 13:54:19
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.0 Build 20220301 Rel.54959

Dear All,

We have VLAN trouble with this switch.

We have 4 VLANs created - Default (1), LAN (41), CCTV (61), SIP (61).

Ports 1-23 on the switch are joined to Default VLAN and one of VLANs above as untagged (PVID is configured correctly!) and port 24 is configured as trunk port (all VLANs tagged).

This switch is via port 24 connected to another switch in network (it's trunk port is also properly configured).

All VLANs are working correctly, except CCTV VLAN (51). Settings for this VLAN are identical to the settings for other (working) VLANs.

We are out of ideas, any help will be more than welcome!!!

Best regards,

Predrag Milenkovic

Options
5 Reply
Re:VLAN Trouble
2023-02-16 23:48:22

@Pedza Thank you for posting how you think the switch is set, but could you also describe what the issue is (more detail than "it doesn't work") and how the switch is actually set (port and VLAN specific information, screenshots of the GUI or CLI output help best).  Also are you using the switch in standalone or with Omada?

Options
2023-02-17 09:09:18

@JoeSea Thank you for reply!

1. The trouble with VLAN 51 is that we cannot acces (even ping!) devices connected to switch. They all have static IPs. All other devices connected to ports in other VLANs are accessible.

2. Switch is used standalone

3. Screenshots are provided:

Options
2023-02-17 16:58:01

@Pedza The System-VLAN is spanning all ports, is there a reason for this, is it as a tagged or untagged VLAN on ports 1-22?  In this arrangement all ports are currently trunked (except Port 23), or have two VLANs that are untagged on the port.

Where are you pinging VLAN 51 from, and are there ACLs on the switch or router that would be blocking the ping return (not all ACLs are stateful)?

An additional thing I see, Ports 15,16 have a PVID of 51 but are not in the setup for tagging, probably not related, just noticing it.

Options
2023-02-24 11:47:53

@JoeSea Sorry for this late reply - I was out of office (got fiver).

System-VLAN is something we inherited form ex admin and we did not change it - thre are 13 switches there, factory is working 24x7 so we did not have time frame for such a operation.

Anyway, even with System-VLAN spanning all ports, there is no problem with VLANs 41 and 61, just with VLAN 51 - that is strange.

We will try to update firmware on this switch - so my question is: In System Summary I see that hardware version is: TL-SG3428MP 5.0 and actual firmware version is: 5.0.0 Build 20220301 Rel.54959.

When I search for updates on TP-Link site I have options: v5, v5.2, v5.6,v5.26 - looks like I should go for v5 but i am not sure... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

Pedja

Options
2023-02-24 20:58:20

@Pedza 

I'm with @JoeSea on ports 15,16....I'd treat those the same as 17-22, at least for testing reasons.

Do VLANs 41/51/61 exist in other branches of the network?

Have you considered turning on Spanning Tree (STP)?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 5

Related Articles