[mesh setup] Mesh AP shows DISCONNECTED after Ethernet cable is removed from switch.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[mesh setup] Mesh AP shows DISCONNECTED after Ethernet cable is removed from switch.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-17 15:00:20 - last edited 2023-02-20 01:08:43

Hi,

I have one root AP (EAP660 HD), and I bought an EAP620 V2 to run as a wireless mesh AP to extend my WiFi coverage.

The EP620 shows "CONNECTED" as mesh when I use am Ethermet cable running from it to the switch. But, as soon as I remove the Ethernet cable, it shows as "DISCONNECTED" after some minutes.

I've never setup a mesh network before, but I read that after disconnecting the Ethernet cable, it should show as "ISOLATED," and then I'd add it to the network.

What should I try? Are they mesh compatible?

My configuration:

Controller:

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:[mesh setup] Mesh AP shows DISCONNECTED after Ethernet cable is removed from switch.
2023-02-17 21:04:53 - last edited 2023-02-20 01:08:43

@RicardoATB I'm using the 2020 firmware. I hope the new one (from 2021) will fix the issue as it has ADDED MESH functionality smiley:

Release note for the 2021 firmware:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles