eap653 wpa authentication timed out and devices wont roam on 5ghz network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 13:58:39
Model: EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

my 5ghz network is just not working correctly

my Huawei phone and Samsung tablet (both android) on the 5ghz newtork, keep disconnecting fom eaps unless i am practically next to them.

i had 5 x eap 225 outdoors meshed wirelessly which i used indoors.

i replaced them with 5 x eap653`s  also meshed wirelessly.   I have tried everything i have turned off the band steering i have turned down the radios i have increased the DTIM period to 3. i dont use airtime fairness or any of that. i have two separate ssids for 2.4 and 5ghz. i even turned off the 6ghz as i have no devices that use it .

my wifi analyzer app reports excellent wifi coverage with minimum interference. i put channel width  to 160mhz and channel to auto on the 5ghz as that seems to give the least interference with my neighbors wifi. i have them mounted on the wall as the ceiling is not an option but i have tried mounting them flush against the wall and horizontally facing down using the mounting brackets and L brackets . i dont know what else to do. 2.4 ghz is stable and unaffected i can move about the house without any drops or disconnections.

when the 5ghz disconnects, it shows the 5gh ssid . it says the signal is excellent but it  just wont connect, then after a while it times out and says wifi disabled on the device. as soon as i go back near the eap it connects no problem. is this just a bug in the firmware? its like the hand off or handshake is not working. if i am not right by the eap , it wont connect for anything. this is really baffling. can anyone help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:eap653 wpa authentication timed out and devices wont roam on 5ghz network
2023-02-21 08:04:19

Dear @Omadajet13

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

If you check the Knowledge Base Section, you will see an article which is talking about this issue, this is for your reference:

What Should I Do If I Get the WPA Authentication Timeout/Failed Error

If you need any further assistance with it, please feel free to submit a ticket email to our technical support team from here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1

Related Articles