Omada Cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada Cloud
Omada Cloud
2023-03-08 09:20:20

Hi all.

I'm a senior communications network engineer from Essential Communications Services in Australia 

We currently have all our residential clients using Ubiquiti & on the Unifi Cloud Network where we can monitor & assist ALL our clients from our office through the Unifi Cloud
All our Ubiquiti clients have a Unifi Cloud controller at their premises which talks to the Unifi Cloud.

Likewise we have all our commercial & enterprise clients on the Cambium Networks CnMaestro cloud which does not require a cloud controller at each premises 

So My question in relation to TP-Link Omada ( Which I have researched extensively & have not been able to find the answer ) is 

Can we / is it possible to monitor our totally separate multiple TP-Link Omada client sites located in separate cities & separate states  in / from 1 x TP-Link Omada cloud instance either with or without a TP-Link Hardware controller ( OC200 ) being onsite at the clients premises so that we can offer the same level of service to our TP-Link clients that we currently offer to our Ubiquiti & Cambium Networks clients.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Wayne Pryor
Managing Director
Essential Communications Services

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Cloud
2023-03-08 13:35:24

@Essentialcomms 

I think Omada has a paid hosted controller solution.  

But you can also host your own controller and L3 adopt devices to it.  You can use DHCP option 138 on the omada router, so push all your devices to a self hosted controller across the net.  

If you do that and expected a high volume of sites/devices, I recommend a beefy server and or VM.  Also back it up.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:Omada Cloud
2023-03-09 05:22:56

Hi @Essentialcomms 

Omada Controller(no matter software version or hardware version) can mange Omada devices in different sites through Internet.

Here is an example guide.

Currently I have two sites on my controller:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 2

Related Articles