Is it possible to change omadacontroller's captive portal's IP ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-16 15:01:33
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an "hotspot" captive portal on Omada Software Controller but I'm facing an issue.

The controller device has two distinct IPv4 addresses:

• 10.10.10.5 to access management pages, only visble anda accessible to devices on a specific VLAN
  • 92.168.1.5 meant to allow access to the hotspot portal

The problem is that while the VM is correctly set up to have the two above IPs, I cannot find a way to configure the Omada Software Controller to use the 2nd IP address for it's captive portal. It seems that I can only configure the portal's port. As a result, for now, if I activate the portal, the first IP is communicated to the devices... which is a situation I want to avoid.

Is it possible at all to modify the portal's IP (internal hotspot portal I mean) ? and if yes how can I achieve this ?

Thank you in advance !

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is it possible to change omadacontroller's captive portal's IP ?
2023-03-17 09:26:30

Hello @kraal

The internal hotspot portal is the controller IP address.

If you want to change IP, we suggest you use the External portal server, you may refer to this article:

The Requirements of Establishing an External Portal Server

Options
2023-03-17 15:13:58

@Hank21 thank you for your answer, unfortunately it does not helps me with my issue. As you can see on the sequence diagram located on the page you've linked, on step 2 the EAP redirects to the controller and on step 3 the client contacts the omada controller. However the client has no access to the IP of the controller and should not have knowledge about it (why would anyone share with unauthorized clients the IP address of infrastructure related devices ?)

The client can have access to the controller through another IP which is behind a firewall, and I'm looking for a way to configure it. Hence my question: "Is it possible ?" or "will it be possible in a future version" ?

Or am I simply missing something ?

Options
2023-03-18 07:18:46

Hi  @kraal ,

since portal uses port 8088 and 8843 you could try if it is sufficient for you, if you block  management port 443 and 80 in firewall for guest vlans via ACLs with use of port-groups.

And a rule to denie whole rest of 10.10.10.0/24 except gateway, dhcp-server...

If you use both - wlan and lan - the ACLs have to be set up in EAP-ACL and Switch-ACL.

Greetings

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 3