NO ADMIN ACCESS AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-29 07:24:26
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230314 Rel.21018

PC71212 Firmware Update 1.03 no ADMIN Account!!

an hour ago

Model: ER7212PC  

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.03

Just upgraded from 1.02 to 1.03

At first i had issues finding the usual menu items, then I noticed the the Organization changed to global.

After Selecting the organization to the router, I got most menu items. HOWEVER.

Under the routers organization there is NO Account menu (the little torso over the gear icon) is gone.

When I switch back to global, it does not list any of the accounts (For administration) missing.

It also says on the top "general error".

So now I can not add or change admin accounts at all!

Nore do I find any ability to downgrade (or upgrade) the firmware!

Options
2 Reply
Re:NO ADMIN ACCESS AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!
2023-03-29 09:10:31

@Ortofan

I had a secondary admin account configured. 

Not until I singed in with the secondary admin account as well, then back with the master admin account I was able to get full admin access.

There must be something funky with the admin user migration from firmware to next, as it created a role that is new (Administrator_blahblahbla) next to the Master Administrator and the Administrators rules.

Bottom line if you have multiple admin accounts you have to log in with each regardless of role before the master admin account works as expected.

Options
Re:NO ADMIN ACCESS AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!
2023-03-30 08:40:38

Hello @Ortofan,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community.

This issue has been fed back to Senior Engineer for investigation. It seems that logging out and back in on the controller may solve the issue, you may observe if the issue reproduces steadily after a while. Please feel free to add additional information if there is anything new came up.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options