Dual WAN Site-to-Site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-11 09:16:40
Tags: #Dual WAN Site to Site

Hi, 

I would like to seek some help regarding site-to-site vpn using a dual wan setup, i cannot find any documentation and im not sure if i am correct.

I already have a site-to-site setup but i am expecting that at some point one of WAN is gonna go offline.

• Is creating a 2 entry for vpn site to site will work without conflict?
  • And if so, can i create a routing policy that will tell my network to use this route when the other one is down?
  • If not, what is the best way to configure this using the controller?

Controller Version 5.7.6

Firmware Version 1.14.7 Build 20221206 Rel.60706

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dual WAN Site-to-Site VPN
2023-04-12 06:16:00

@Jeesoon1 

Hello, as I know, the VPN can only be active when the WAN is working.

The policy routing can not be set based on the IPsec VPN.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Dual WAN Site-to-Site VPN
2023-04-16 13:51:30

@Jeesoon1 You are adventuring yourself to realms of high availability enterprise vpn. . all effort is futile if you do not have stable connectivity (i.e a written contract with your ISP that says they promise xx.x% of availability.) Then you need equipment capable of "Stateful Failover for IPsec" or similar. 

If there are more than two sites and this is business critical I suggest you to pay for a cloud based vpn from google, aws, azure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 2

Tags

Dual WAN Site to Site
Related Articles