Route Video traffiic (ie Netflix, Amazon Prime etc) over Wan1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-12 08:44:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello, I would like to route video traffic (Netflix, Prime Video etc) to WAN1 (video traffic only) ... which rule can I use?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Route Video traffiic (ie Netflix, Amazon Prime etc) over Wan1
2023-04-12 14:10:05

@Scimitar973 You cannot do that, all the major video providers use highly distributed networks and the data paths can literally change from one second to another. not only they may not use the same ip address but use different, random domains to serve content.

The only suggestion I can give you is to create a network for video-heavy devices  and then route that via WAN1-

Options
2023-04-13 08:24:21

@crrodriguez Thanks!!!!

Options
2023-04-13 13:59:23

@Scimitar973 If you really want to go this route, it is not that is impossible, it is that requires maintenance and is very error prone and not something I'll recommend to do unless you have a qualified network engineer around.

You have to collect all ip address ranges that all the need providers make available add them to a IP group.. and most importantly, keep it updated. at least everyday.

Options
2023-04-13 14:35:19

@crrodriguez 

Thanks, I was hoping it was something simpler... I'll put the units that use video services frequently in the Ip pool that are directed to WAN1 .... it's the fastest solution.

Thank you!

Options