No option to test Internet speed on Deco app (XE75)

No option to test Internet speed on Deco app (XE75)

18 Reply
Re:No option to test Internet speed on Deco app (XE75)
3 weeks ago

Wow. Just spent a good deal of money to upgrade my existing Decco network with the XE75s and now I can't run a speed test. That's lame.

Options
3 weeks ago

@mcpguide BE85 has a light blue "Test Internet Speed" pannel on the top left hand side of the Deco app.

Options
a week ago

This feature used to be available via the app for Deco XE75s however has been removed in later versions of the app.  I know as I was able to perform these tests when I first purchased the XE75s.

It is now only available to certain Deco models per this article:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1462/

However, apparently the reason why it has been removed from some models is due to this statement in the article:

NOTE:

1. The speed test result shows the speed that the main deco gets from the modem, not the speed on the client connected to the deco.

Apparently users complained it was misleading so the developers removed it from certain models but not all, which in turn makes no sense whatsoever.

I am in the camp that this is importanly functionality and this feature should be reinstated across all Deco models and have fed this back directly to tp-Link via their chat support.

Options
a week ago

I would also like to see this feature added again.   About a month ago I "upgraded" my old Nighthawk MK63 mesh system to a Deco X5000, did not like the X5000 so tried an Asus XT8 which was the worst mesh system I've had, and last weekend bought an XE5300.  I finally found one I like and works great...but...  it is sorely lacking in features that should be a standard part of any modern mesh system.

1.  Web interface.

2.  Ability to monitor traffic and data usage per device.

3.  Built in speed test!

My Nighthawk had all of this and so did the XT8 (even though it had a whooole bunch of problems that made it useless).  

No reason why the Deco models can't have at least the speed test.  And if they're concerned about users not understanding what speed is being tested, just add a simple line in the app that says "This tests the speed at your modem, not between the mesh nodes and main router" or something like that.

Seems a lot more simple of a solution than to just remove the feature. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Good to know it's not there and will NOT be there as I am still in the return window.  I was also looking for a notification telling me that the internet connection has stopped, I have been having issues and wanted an easy notification telling me what time it stopped and what time it was restarted.

Options
Sunday

A basic function yet I cannnot find it in a sgd 500 router. Is this a joke?

Options
Monday

@Quiffster we need speedtest functionality now on every model plus the connectrion speed Tx/Rx between decos....

Options
Tuesday

@Quiffster I just bought purchased a three pack of the x75 yesterday.  If I had known this basic feature was not included, I would have made a different choice.  

Options

Tags

Internet Speed
Related Articles