ER605 OpenVPN can't connect to online services (aside from web)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-02 16:48:51 - last edited 2023-05-11 11:32:56
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

So I waited a long time for the firmware update to include the ability to use credentials to log on to my VPN provider from the unit. However, now a lot of things don't seem to be working. Aside from generic web browsing, nothing seems to connect. When I try to play online through my console, I get a NAT error. What am I supposed to do? 

Please advice.

cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 OpenVPN can't connect to online services (aside from web)-Solution
2023-05-08 02:13:01 - last edited 2023-05-11 11:32:56

Hello @SausageJuggler,

Can you use Microsoft Teams and play online games properly if you don't connect to the VPN?

Please note the ER605 itself is a NAT device, after the client is connected to the VPN server, because of the existence of NAT, it may affect the applications that need to open the port (such as online games), and it doesn't support to set the port forwarding based on the VPN.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 OpenVPN can't connect to online services (aside from web)
2023-05-05 09:17:53

Hello @SausageJuggler

May I know what exactly the online services are? 

Could you check if the VPN tunnel establishes successfully?

Is the VPN working properly except for the online services accessing?

SausageJuggler wrote

When I try to play online through my console, I get a NAT error. What am I supposed to do? 

Could you provide a screenshot to show the NAT error message?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-05 16:11:18

@Hank21 

The tunnel is established fine. Web browsing works like a charm. Microsoft Teams doesn't work if I join a conference, and online gaming through my console won't connect. For some reason, I am not allowed to upload an image. The error I get is "Unable to connect to the other console(s). NAT traversal process has failed."

Options
Re:ER605 OpenVPN can't connect to online services (aside from web)-Solution
2023-05-08 02:13:01 - last edited 2023-05-11 11:32:56

Hello @SausageJuggler,

Can you use Microsoft Teams and play online games properly if you don't connect to the VPN?

Please note the ER605 itself is a NAT device, after the client is connected to the VPN server, because of the existence of NAT, it may affect the applications that need to open the port (such as online games), and it doesn't support to set the port forwarding based on the VPN.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-05-08 15:38:56

@Hank21 Everything works without the VPN enabled. If I run the VPN from the client on my laptop, I can join a Teams conference. Doing it this way, however, defeats the purpose of the purpose of the unit to begin with.

Options
2023-05-09 09:59:21 - last edited 2023-05-09 09:59:53

Hi  @SausageJuggler,

Then it means you need to open the port for these services based on the VPN, but it doesn't support choosing the VPN Interface when you set the port forwarding.

You may open a thread for your requirements on the Requests & Suggestions Board.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 5

Related Articles