missing some "default" Enterprise Features

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-10 23:21:15 - last edited 2023-07-24 04:22:41
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 103

Hi All,

i am a little bit disapointed with the Omada Business Line.

Iam missing some Features they are "default" on other Manufacture.

- no build in DNS

- no build in Adblock
- no solutions to view there the Traffic come from and there it goes (DPI)

- no possibilyti to block Protocols

- no possibilyti to block Programs like Torrent, Streaming, Steam, TOR or VoIP

- no Port block

- no "live" Status from the Traffic

- no Threat Management (IDS)

- no Port Redirect e.g. to force to use specific DNS

- the build in "Blacklist" dont work with external Lists and automatic Updates

- no Port Security - allow only specific MAC on SwitchPorts

Unfortunately, my list is much longer but I do not want to write a novel here.
Maybe I haven't found some of the mentioned functions yet.

Is there any of this Features in planing or must we go back to Ubi?

Options
3 Reply
Re:missing some "default" Enterprise Features
2023-06-08 05:44:54

Hello @PHTP,

A newer 1.0.4 Beta firmware has been released for trial, please follow the post link below for details.
ER8411 V1_1.0.4_Build 20230606 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Jun 7th, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-12 03:58:27 - last edited 2023-07-12 04:01:43

@PHTP 

tbh, it's kinda ridiculous to see you mention adblock as a default feature.

why would a router support that? you totally misunderstand the scenario of this product. it should give you dns server setup, but not natively support ad block. 

as I have built up my own DNS server for ad blocking and other purposes, and as a long-time member of networking, I find it following requests are absurd.

- no build in DNS > Agree

- no build in Adblock > NOT AT ALL
- no solutions to view there the Traffic come from and there it goes (DPI) >> Agree

- no possibilyti to block Protocols >> Agree. but does it not support this natively?

- no possibilyti to block Programs like Torrent, Streaming, Steam, TOR or VoIP  >> see below

- no Port block >> ??? ain't support?

- no "live" Status from the Traffic >>  that requires second-level refresh and access from the API. not sure a budget product with a cheap chipset would work for this.. lol. 8411 probably possible. others, maybe no.

- no Threat Management (IDS) >> not sure

- no Port Redirect e.g. to force to use specific DNS >> ain't support?

- the build in "Blacklist" dont work with external Lists and automatic Updates >> ?

- no Port Security - allow only specific MAC on SwitchPorts >> that's missing for a long time. since the controller was introduced, it was never supported. btw 8411 is not a switch. never will be. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-07-16 10:52:31 - last edited 2023-07-24 04:22:41

@PHTP you may want to check note (4) in this section on the page linked by @Hank21  :

Update as of Jul 4, 2023:

ER8411_v1_1.0.4_Build 20230629 (Beta)

Notes: 

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER8411 V1 and V1.60.

(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

(3) The above firmware is partly adapted to Omada SDN Controller 5.8.

(4) The firmware file mentioned above is too large to be upgraded on Omada Hardware Controllers OC200/OC300 v5.9 or earlier versions. However, you can choose to upgrade the firmware in Standalone mode. Controllers v5.11 and later versions will optimize this process.

1* OC200 v1.0 1* TL-R605 v1.0 1* TL-SG2428P v1.0 3* EAP245(EU) v3.0 1* EAP225-Outdoor (EU) v3.0
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 536

Replies: 3

Related Articles