Wifi keeps dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi keeps dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi keeps dropping out
Wifi keeps dropping out
2023-06-07 12:35:19
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5

Hallo Leute,

ich habe ein Netzwerk das aus einem FritzBox Router -> Cisco POE Switch -> OC200 ->  EAP 115 im Erdgeschoss und EAP 115 im Kellergeschoss besteht.

Seit kurzem fällt das WIFI beim EAP 115 im Erdgeschoss aus. Das Gerät bleibt an (grüne LED leuchtet), allerdings funktioniert das WIFI nicht. Die Endgeräte erkennen das WIFI können sich aber nicht mit dem EAP verbinden.

Nachdem man das Patchkabel löst und wieder neu verbindet, funktioniert das WIFI für einige Stunden wieder. Dann fällt es wieder aus, Gerät bleibt an.

Ich habe dann das EAP vom Kellergeschoss ins Erdgeschoss vertauscht und der Fehler wandert mit! Es fällt nun das getauschte EAP aus dem Kellergeschoss wieder im Erdgeschoss aus. Dann habe ich den OC 200 getrennt und die EAP Standalone via DHCP betrieben. Leider fällt das WLAN wieder aus, bzw können sich die Endgeräte erst wieder nach einem Restart mit dem EAP 115 im Erdgeschoss neu verbinden.

Ich habe im Erdgeschoss noch ein Zigbee Mesh für mein Home Assistant. Kann das für die Ausfälle sorgen?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys,

I have a network consisting of a FritzBox router -> Cisco POE switch -> OC200 ->  EAP 115 on the ground floor and EAP 115 in the basement.

The WIFI at the EAP 115 on the ground floor has recently failed. The device stays on (green LED is lit), but the WIFI does not work. The end devices recognize the WIFI but cannot connect to the EAP.

After detaching the patch cable and reconnecting it again, the WIFI works again for a few hours. Then it fails again, the device stays on.

I then swapped the EAp from the basement to the ground floor and the error went with it! The exchanged EAP from the basement on the ground floor now fails. Then I disconnected the OC 200 and operated the EAP standalone via DHCP. Unfortunately, the WLAN fails again, or the end devices can only reconnect after a restart.

I still have a Zigbee mesh for my Hme Assistant on the ground floor. Can that cause the failures?

Options
1 Reply
Re: Wifi keeps dropping out
2023-06-08 08:14:29

@Bene646 

Bene646 wrote

I then swapped the EAp from the basement to the ground floor and the error went with it! The exchanged EAP from the basement on the ground floor now fails. 

This comparison test I thought is helpful, it means the issue is not on the EAP at least. Have you tested the cable between the EAP and the switch? Try using a short new cable to test.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Related Articles