Re-adoption of old T1500G-8T v2.0 fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-12 09:15:51
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.9.31

Dear all.

I used to manage two old T1500G-8T v2.0  switches via Omada Software controller. And although they are not listed as supported devices any more, it was still working. Now, I needed to reconfigure one of those switches. Therefore, I forgot it in Omada and reset the switch to factory defaults.

Switch and controller can still ping each other but the switch doesn't appear in the list any more, not even as pending.

Is this because of the switch is officially not supported any more? Why is the other one still working fine then?

Would it be possible to downgrade the controller to readopt the old switch and then upgrade back again?

Thanks for any recommendation.

Martin

Options
2 Reply
Re:Re-adoption of old T1500G-8T v2.0 fails
2023-06-12 11:09:48 - last edited 2023-06-12 11:16:05

@mwo I have this same switch adopted and thanks for letting to know I may not be able to readopt it. I was under the impression it was grandfathered-in but guess Im wrong. 

I do not really want to get rid of it because a) I got it less a year ago from a tp-link reseller.. which didn't seem to get the note that it was end-of-lifed..  b) it works perfectly fine, 

That said.. I did factory reset readopt the switch once, using hardware controller oc200 v5.9.32  and it worked for me.

Options
Re:Re-adoption of old T1500G-8T v2.0 fails
2023-06-13 09:23:54

@mwo 

Hi, I thought they are still compatible, maybe you can try to check if the switch has a valid IP? Can you ping through it?

Maybe it will work again after you reset it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 2

Related Articles