Captive portal using template from omada controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 20:04:08
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I was tryng to use the import option when setting up a portal in the Omada controller, so i downloaded the Template named as "demo" as zip. So what i was tryng to do is to modify the template for my portal with the option of "No Authentication". The i realized that in the template there is no scenario of case in which a no Authentication occurs, there is only the option given when setting up a hotspot, such us, vaucher, sms, facebook,etc. What i want to know is what infomation i 'm required to give to the omada controller to that it accepts the coneccion and grants internet no the user. I have a vague idea what information it needs such us clientMac, apMac, gatewayMac, ssidName, radioId, vid, but i want to confirm that those are the needed. Sorry for the big post but I neede to specify the case. Thanks very much for any information about this 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Captive portal using template from omada controller
2023-09-04 17:55:57

@Lucass- 

No problem at all, it's great that you're providing detailed information. To set up a portal in the Omada controller for "No Authentication," you're on the right track with the information you've listed, including clientMac, apMac, gatewayMac, ssidName, radioId, and vid. These details help the  Postal Codes controller identify and allow user access without authentication. Just ensure that these parameters are correctly configured to match your network setup, and you should be able to grant internet access without authentication. If you encounter any specific issues during the setup, don't hesitate to seek further assistance. Good luck with your configuration!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 1

Related Articles