VPN Site 2 site "Auto IPsec"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 01:11:58 - last edited 2023-06-26 09:30:01

I've only ever gotten the "Auto IPsec" to work once.  All attempts after that reach an error, related to can't have same IP for tunnels.

IPSec uses a background IP range for inter tunnel transmissions. Seems like OMADA uses 172.16.XXX.XXX range??. Also seems like the "Auto IPsec" is only good for 1 VPN. As if it only has one hard coded tunnel IP range. It should increment the range as new " Auto IPsec" tunnels are created. 

Is it a design flaw within the OMADA software? 

Honestly, I prefer manual IPsec anyway. However, I believe the auto IPSec is / has caused issues with my manual IPsec VPNs. I'm thinking some of the VPNs use the same IP tunnel range as the auto IPSec. However I can not find any papers that state the IP's used with in the auto IPSec pool. ( I don't think it even has a pool, it seems like it only uses one IP)

I use the soft Omada controller. Is there any confi (ini) files that can be edited to adjust auto IPSec usable IP ranges? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN Site 2 site "Auto IPsec"
2023-06-26 09:28:17 - last edited 2023-06-26 09:30:01

@DaKings 

Hi, guess why called it Auto IPsec, in my opinion, we can not edit or do any intervention on it. I like the Manual IPsec either, I can do anything if I want.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 1

Related Articles