Bug-report: 4x4 MU-MIMO is not working, only 2 spatial streams maximum on 5GHz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bug-report: 4x4 MU-MIMO is not working, only 2 spatial streams maximum on 5GHz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 06:54:00 - last edited 2023-07-04 03:23:00

Hello,

The AP is supposedly supporting 4 spatial steams with 4x4 MU-MIMO. But unfortunately, only 2 spatial streams are working. Therefore only one client can send and receive data at a time with full capacity and as soon as another client is active on this AP, the total bandwidth is decreasing. By definition (which is the WiFi 6 standard), two 2x2 devices should be able to communicate with 2 spatial streams each with the AP, so up to 2000 MBps bandwidth with one 80MHz channel on 5GHz.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bug-report: 4x4 MU-MIMO is not working, only 2 spatial streams maximum on 5GHz band
2023-07-04 03:33:09

@RobertMEF 

As far as I know, it is very difficult to test MU-MIMO in our environment due to the presence of numerous distractions and uncertainties. As suggested by the support member I consulted earlier, it is recommended to use 4-5 client devices to simultaneously run Iperf3 and conduct multiple tests to obtain the desired answer.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 1

Related Articles