TL-SG2016P - Standalone or Controller Mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 14:25:56
Tags: #OC200

Hello,

I bought an TL-SG2016P and OC200 to manage several EAPs on my network. In Switch installation phase, I can chose betwen Standalone (I prefeer) and Controlled Mode. I would like to manage only the EAPs with OC200 and not entire LAN beacause its managed by Firewall.

So, what mode I be chose?
Can I chose Standalone mode and manage the EAP with OC200 or must be chose Controller mode?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG2016P - Standalone or Controller Mode?
2023-07-05 01:56:47 - last edited 2023-07-05 01:58:15

Hi @z3n0,

I think you already have your answer. You prefer it to stay in standalone mode. I would recommend so.

For reasons below:

1. Manage it from the Controller, the first thing the controller does is to reset the switch. Then you start the config. If you have existed config and it's complicated, forget about the controller. That would erase your settings and you gotta start from scratch.

2. Certain functions are not available in the Controller mode.

Don't adopt the switch to the controller. You would be fine just managing the EAPs. Note that certain functions relate to router(NAT) or switch would not work at all as there is no supported devices adopted/managed by the OC200.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 1

Tags

OC200
Related Articles