Can't Connect IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't Connect IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't Connect IP Address
Can't Connect IP Address
2023-07-11 01:38:13 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:01:42
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I"m not an IT expert.  We have EAP245 that has solid green LED.  We can't connect phones or laptops to internet, we keep getting "Couldn't find IP address" error.  I've tried several times to de-power and re-power the TPLink POE inector  as well as the router.  Nothing seems to work. When I log into Omada over the web, under 'Wireless Settings" we see the SSID name.  However, under Access Points, there is no entry.  Not sure if that is right.

We've hadd this WiFi working for the bast 2+ years without issue, and then yesterday it just stopped working.

I'm going to try hitting the reset ont he EAP device itself and see what happens.

Any advice?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Can't Connect IP Address-Solution
2023-07-11 07:11:16 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:01:42

Hello @34HH,

1. Please confirm your router is working properly.

2. Please use your phone/laptop to connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi. If you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails. Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC to replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check whether the PC can get internet or not.

3. If you can connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi but have no internet, please check the IP address on the phone or PC.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-12 01:05:59 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:01:45

@Hank21 

Okay, it looks like I may need a new router.  I connected my laptop directly to it, and I was not able to get the internet.  It's an old D-Link router/switch that is over 15 years old, I think.

Thanks,

34HH

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2023-07-11 07:11:16 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:01:42

Hello @34HH,

1. Please confirm your router is working properly.

2. Please use your phone/laptop to connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi. If you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails. Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC to replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check whether the PC can get internet or not.

3. If you can connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi but have no internet, please check the IP address on the phone or PC.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-12 01:05:59 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:01:45

@Hank21 

Okay, it looks like I may need a new router.  I connected my laptop directly to it, and I was not able to get the internet.  It's an old D-Link router/switch that is over 15 years old, I think.

Thanks,

34HH

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 2

Related Articles