TL-SG2008P shows wrong port overview after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 19:41:20 - last edited 2023-08-08 09:47:42
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20230602 Rel.73473

After a recent upgrade to the latest firmware version, suddenly the port overview of my switch is broken. The link status overview duplicates ports 1-4:

The table with port configurations behaves even weirder:

And when trying to edit the port configuration, the weirdest thing happens (e.g. when pressing "edit" for the third row of this table):

It appears that the edit buttons of rows 1 and 3 refer to the "Port 1 - EAP zolder" line, rows 2 and 4 refer to "Port1", rows 3 and 5 refer to "Port2 - EAP keuken", rows 4 and 6 refer to "Port2" etcetera. Note that 16 rows here refer to ports 1-4 only, and I cannot configure the ports 5-8.

At the same time, devices connected to ports 5-8 are not put in the correct VLAN group anymore and get wrong (fixed) DHCP addresses.

I believe the configuration file was not properly upgraded when installing the firmware. How can I recover to a working situation? 

Immediately after upgrading I noticed I missed one upgrade instruction: to reboot the switch before upgrade. I don't think the memory usage was high at that moment (usually does not go beyond 45%) but could this be the reason for such configuration corruption?

1* OC200 v1.0 1* TL-R605 v1.0 1* TL-SG2428P v1.0 3* EAP245(EU) v3.0 1* EAP225-Outdoor (EU) v3.0
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG2008P shows wrong port overview after firmware upgrade-Solution
2023-08-04 07:32:23 - last edited 2023-08-05 16:05:22

Hi @MvdB 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you try the following suggestions?

1. Clear your cache browser and check the page again.

2. Reboot your Switch and let it reconfigure and the controller will apply the changes again.

3. Reset your switch if the above suggestions don't work. Resetting the switch does not affect the changes on the Controller. As long as you don't reset the controller, you can still have the backup.

After the reset, don't forget your switch. Try to readopt it.

If this still persists, please reply and let me see what else I can do for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:TL-SG2008P shows wrong port overview after firmware upgrade-Solution
2023-08-04 07:32:23 - last edited 2023-08-05 16:05:22

Hi @MvdB 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you try the following suggestions?

1. Clear your cache browser and check the page again.

2. Reboot your Switch and let it reconfigure and the controller will apply the changes again.

3. Reset your switch if the above suggestions don't work. Resetting the switch does not affect the changes on the Controller. As long as you don't reset the controller, you can still have the backup.

After the reset, don't forget your switch. Try to readopt it.

If this still persists, please reply and let me see what else I can do for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-SG2008P shows wrong port overview after firmware upgrade
2023-08-05 16:06:41

Hi @Clive_A 

Thanks, resetting the switch in the end was the solution. The other steps did not help me forward. After reset and readopting, I did have to reconfigure the ports (VLAN, mirroring, etc) as all settings were lost but I'm happy with the result.

1* OC200 v1.0 1* TL-R605 v1.0 1* TL-SG2428P v1.0 3* EAP245(EU) v3.0 1* EAP225-Outdoor (EU) v3.0
Options
2023-08-08 09:52:11

Hi @MvdB 

Thanks for your information.

Our dev team is interested in your issue and would like to learn more about it, would you please provide some further information on this?

Do you set the same parameters to your switch again after the reset? If yes, would you please export the backup for us?

Moreover, could you please specify the version of your controller?

What are the devices connected from 5-8 ports?

If you'd like to help us with this, I'll create a case for you later on. Don't upload any backup that may contain sensitive data on the forum.

Options
2023-08-11 02:41:51

Hi @MvdB 

Clive_A wrote

Hi @MvdB 

Thanks for your information.

Our dev team is interested in your issue and would like to learn more about it, would you please provide some further information on this?

Do you set the same parameters to your switch again after the reset? If yes, would you please export the backup for us?

Moreover, could you please specify the version of your controller?

What are the devices connected from 5-8 ports?

If you'd like to help us with this, I'll create a case for you later on. Don't upload any backup that may contain sensitive data on the forum.

Can you please check out my last reply on Tuesday? Appreciate it if you can assist on this issue.

Options
2023-08-14 13:06:11 - last edited 2023-08-14 13:07:28

@Clive_A 

hi Clive, I missed notifications of your additional question. Thanks for extra interest even after I managed to solve it with a reset.

I tried to reproduce all port settings manually, and did not reload the backup file itself because I was concerned it might contain wrong settings. Please make a case and I can send you my backup later. I will also provide the info on the port 5-8 connected devices there.

Options
2023-08-15 00:58:11

Hi @MvdB 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230825682, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-08-15 09:46:39

@Clive_A I have replied to the email with the ticket ID. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 7

Related Articles