Suddenly speed apears 100mb full duplex in EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-20 18:04:19 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:49:38
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.11 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Hi Guys, I got 3 EAP's in port 17, 19 and 21 (EAP 265 HD) to my switch TL-SG3428, now I see, one of them appears in orange, that means it is negotiating in 100mb, and is de shorter one of the site, about 5 meters, I already make a post but in the community of TP Link blocked replies. Does any one has same problem?, I think is firmware problem of switch. 

In another SITE i had same problem with a EAP 225 outdoor and switch TL-SG3428X.

FIRST SITE:

Second SITE:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Suddenly speed apears 100mb full duplex in EAP-Solution
2023-08-21 01:38:34 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:49:38

Hi @titocarnale 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I believe you can fix the issue by replacing the cable. If you want to rule out firmware and hardware issues, you can try a 3ft short cable and test it out.

Bending, twisting and degradation can lead to problems like this. Simply replugging the cable may also fix it but not gonna last long.

Speed is negotiated by the electric inside the cable, if the cable have a bad contact or one of the twisted pair is not good anymore, missing the electric, this thing happens.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Suddenly speed apears 100mb full duplex in EAP-Solution
2023-08-21 01:38:34 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:49:38

Hi @titocarnale 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I believe you can fix the issue by replacing the cable. If you want to rule out firmware and hardware issues, you can try a 3ft short cable and test it out.

Bending, twisting and degradation can lead to problems like this. Simply replugging the cable may also fix it but not gonna last long.

Speed is negotiated by the electric inside the cable, if the cable have a bad contact or one of the twisted pair is not good anymore, missing the electric, this thing happens.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 1

Related Articles