Apply tplink Omada AC1200 Outdoor Accespoint

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-24 14:02:32 - last edited 2023-09-05 01:23:38

I need a better connection into the garden. 

So I bought an Omada AC Outdoor Accespoint.

I don't know if there is an connection possible with the Deco M9.

At this moment I don'nt see an better connection: I still have 70 Mbps at the back of the garden.

How do I connect the accespoint to the M9 devices?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Apply tplink Omada AC1200 Outdoor Accespoint -Solution
2023-08-25 08:37:44 - last edited 2023-09-05 01:23:38

Hello @Emilez,

If you only have one EAP, you need to connect it to the Deco M9 with the cable, and we suggest using the Iperf Tools to test the speed, please refer to this FAQ.

Please use the same client device connected to the Deco M9 and the Outdoor EAP respectively to test the speed, and note the speed will decay due to WiFi extension, due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be. So the EAP could not get the same speed as the Deco.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Apply tplink Omada AC1200 Outdoor Accespoint -Solution
2023-08-25 08:37:44 - last edited 2023-09-05 01:23:38

Hello @Emilez,

If you only have one EAP, you need to connect it to the Deco M9 with the cable, and we suggest using the Iperf Tools to test the speed, please refer to this FAQ.

Please use the same client device connected to the Deco M9 and the Outdoor EAP respectively to test the speed, and note the speed will decay due to WiFi extension, due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be. So the EAP could not get the same speed as the Deco.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Apply tplink Omada AC1200 Outdoor Accespoint
2023-09-04 12:57:40

@Emilez 

Thank you for your suggestions. The problem is solved. The cabled connection with the Deco M9 works perfectly.

Options
Re:Apply tplink Omada AC1200 Outdoor Accespoint
2023-09-05 01:25:00

Hello @Emilez

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Glad to hear that your concern was resolved finally.

Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products and have a great day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 3

Related Articles