TL-SG2428P behind a FRITZ!Box 7590 problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-23 12:24:45
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello, I need help:

I recently bought a TL-SG2428P and put it behind my FRITZ!Box 7590 and installed and configured the Omada Software Controller on my PC.

Now the problem arises that (almost) all clients that are connected to WLAN via the FRITZ!Box appear in the Omada interface. how can I stop this? I have not set up any V-Lan's etc. on the switch.

The TL-SG2428P is prioritized in the FRITZ!Box.

~TheJoJo

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG2428P behind a FRITZ!Box 7590 problem
2023-09-25 03:52:27

Hi @Thejojo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Would be great if you can provide more details and your network diagram to illustrate this issue.

My assumption is that you connect your wireless AP to the switch, and devices are getting Internet from the switch. But need more information on this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:TL-SG2428P behind a FRITZ!Box 7590 problem
2023-09-25 17:25:11

Good day,

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your response. All of my WiFi traffic goes through the FritzBox; I don't have a TP-Link access point. In the TP-Link Omada interface, I can see all the devices connected to the FritzBox via WiFi. The switch is only used to distribute signals in my basement, and it's connected directly to the FritzBox with a cable. I hope this clarifies things.

Best regards,

TheJoJo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 2

Related Articles