Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out

2023-09-25 18:32:21 - last edited 2023-12-21 02:34:14
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.12.7

A few users have reported that they are being somewhat randomly logged out when browsing the controller user interface after upgrading to 5.12.7.

This seems like something in common and it looks like it is a bug in the software. From what someone shared, it looks like maybe a page is specifically calling for /img/svg/PaginationLeftDisabled.svg when it should be /theme/img/svg/PaginationLeftDisabled.svg.

So I can login and navigate around just fine but if I directly try to access https://<controller-url>/img/svg/PaginationLeftDisabled.svg, it kicks me back to the login page if I try to load anything else.  I couldn't specifically reproduce the issue myself while browsing the web interface but I wonder if it has something to do with some data being cached in browser from the previous version.  Either way, I figured I would report it.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out-Solution
2023-12-21 02:34:09 - last edited 2023-12-21 02:34:14

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

Our support engineer has identified the cause of this issue, which is related to certain requests generated by crawler scripts in the browser. These requests are causing the login verification to fail. Rest assured, this will be addressed and optimized in subsequent iterations of the Controller.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out
2023-09-26 06:13:15

Is it because after upgrading 5.12, the browser's cache has not been cleared, resulting in some of the 5.9 cache files are not adapted to 5.12, I remember that 5.12 relative to 5.9 seems to be integrated to modify some features

Options
2023-09-26 09:40:44 - last edited 2023-09-26 09:41:46

@ddtt1024 

i cleared cache.

It was my first idea.

I even tried different browser with same result.

Accessing logs was however possible from cloud integration.

Options
2023-09-28 07:55:07

@noizo Is it only after upgrading to 5.12 that you have this problem? Is there any indication when the account is logged out? For example, an error code

Options
2023-09-28 08:18:22 - last edited 2023-09-28 11:32:04

@ddtt1024 

Same as in topic description.

Yes it's happening only on 5.12

09-21-2023 19:18:15.564 WARN [https-jsse-nio-8043-exec-1] [] c.t.s.o.a.d.u.WebUtils(): sessionCSRFToken is null for request /img/svg/PaginationLeftDisabled.svg

Find full log in attachment.

It's a mess happened to my omada after upgrading to 5.12

I'm on mbentley docker-compose.

I have ER605 which was in constant adoption loop after 5.12 upgrade.

And failing to open logs page.

File:
server.log.zipDownload
Options
2023-10-08 01:49:33

Hello @mbentley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231013381, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-10-08 01:58:16

Hello @noizo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231013413, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-12-20 22:37:10

@mbentley I have the same issue in windows browser and on android app. Did you were able to solve the issue?

Best Regards,

David

Options
Re:Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out-Solution
2023-12-21 02:34:09 - last edited 2023-12-21 02:34:14

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

Our support engineer has identified the cause of this issue, which is related to certain requests generated by crawler scripts in the browser. These requests are causing the login verification to fail. Rest assured, this will be addressed and optimized in subsequent iterations of the Controller.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 938

Replies: 8

Related Articles