Unable to select VLAN network in ACL rules - Not listed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 20:10:26 - last edited 2023-10-16 01:15:53
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Im running the TL-SG3428MP an ER605 V2 and the OC200 2.0, everything is running the latest version of firmware acording to Omada, Ive created a new network VLAN, ID 4089 Its a VLAN not an interface. I need to ensure there is no traffic between this VLAN and any other VLAN so I want to creat a deny all ACL rule between this VLAN and all other VLAN/s networks, in theory that should be simple, however when i go to create this ACL rule the new VLAN isnt listed, ive deleted and created it a number of ways but its never listed, Doesnt matter if i select Gateway ACL, switch ACL or EAP ACL, its not in the list. Can anyone tell me if im doing something wrong or if its a bug in the system? see attached screen shots. thanks. 

Gateway to Router - U VLAN created as a VLAN

image1

Gateway to Router VLAN in network list VLAN 4089

Gateway to Router VLAN not available in source or destination lists to create ACL rule. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to select VLAN network in ACL rules - Not listed-Solution
2023-10-13 06:46:29 - last edited 2023-10-16 01:15:53

Hi @stevebratt 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

stevebratt wrote

Im running the TL-SG3428MP an ER605 V2 and the OC200 2.0, everything is running the latest version of firmware acording to Omada, Ive created a new network VLAN, ID 4089 Its a VLAN not an interface. I need to ensure there is no traffic between this VLAN and any other VLAN so I want to creat a deny all ACL rule between this VLAN and all other VLAN/s networks, in theory that should be simple, however when i go to create this ACL rule the new VLAN isnt listed, ive deleted and created it a number of ways but its never listed, Doesnt matter if i select Gateway ACL, switch ACL or EAP ACL, its not in the list. Can anyone tell me if im doing something wrong or if its a bug in the system? see attached screen shots. thanks. 

Gateway to Router VLAN not available in source or destination lists to create ACL rule. 

Note that this is VLAN, instead of the VLAN interfaces. They are different. VLAN interfaces represent the whole subnet of the network. Then you see this as a Network in the ACL. However, the VLAN only represents a virtual network and it does not represent any network. That's the reason why you cannot see this in the ACL.

This is the reason why you have this trouble.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to select VLAN network in ACL rules - Not listed
2023-10-11 20:13:32

additionally if i select binding type - VLAN, the VLAN Network is listed, can anyone explain to me what this option does as its unclear. 

Thanks

Options
Re:Unable to select VLAN network in ACL rules - Not listed-Solution
2023-10-13 06:46:29 - last edited 2023-10-16 01:15:53

Hi @stevebratt 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

stevebratt wrote

Note that this is VLAN, instead of the VLAN interfaces. They are different. VLAN interfaces represent the whole subnet of the network. Then you see this as a Network in the ACL. However, the VLAN only represents a virtual network and it does not represent any network. That's the reason why you cannot see this in the ACL.

This is the reason why you have this trouble.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 2

Related Articles