Public IP shows same IP as Internal Network

2023-10-26 18:07:47 - last edited 2024-01-05 03:12:42

I noticed that when viewing the Device List under omada.tplinkcloud.com the Device shows IP Address and Public IP Address, they are the same.

Shouldn't the Public IP Address reflect the ISP Provider IP?

Is this a glitch or is there a setting that can be changed?

If I go to Details on the right side it shows the same unless I go to 2.5G WAN1 and look for more details it will correctly display the Public IP but not at a glance anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Public IP shows same IP as Internal Network-Solution
2024-01-05 03:12:39 - last edited 2024-01-05 03:12:42

Hi All,

After confirming with Support Engineer, the Public IP refers to the IP through which the device establishes a management channel with Omada Controller. For Local Controller, if it does not span three layers, it will show the same IP address with the IP of the device itself. Thanks all for your valuable feedback, the R&D team will consider the optimization in subsequent versions of the Controller.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Public IP shows same IP as Internal Network
2023-10-27 08:15:52

Hello @FlameOtter

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link Business Community!

This issue has been reported to the Support engineer for further investigation. I'll try to provide an update when there's progress.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Public IP shows same IP as Internal Network
2024-01-04 11:52:52

Hank21 wrote

Hello @FlameOtter

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link Business Community!

This issue has been reported to the Support engineer for further investigation. I'll try to provide an update when there's progress.

@Hank21 

same here the public ip is displaying the private ip instead

Options
Re:Public IP shows same IP as Internal Network-Solution
2024-01-05 03:12:39 - last edited 2024-01-05 03:12:42

Hi All,

After confirming with Support Engineer, the Public IP refers to the IP through which the device establishes a management channel with Omada Controller. For Local Controller, if it does not span three layers, it will show the same IP address with the IP of the device itself. Thanks all for your valuable feedback, the R&D team will consider the optimization in subsequent versions of the Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 3

Related Articles