SG3428X difference between V1, V1.2 and V1.6

2023-11-04 22:33:09 - last edited 2023-11-06 03:04:53
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I just bought the SG3428X switch. I'm pretty happy about it and I'm doing my experiments.

I have configured it out of Omada Controller for the moment, but I would like to migrate the configuration soon! :)

I also upgraded the firmware in Omada at the very beginning of the experiments and Omada picked up the latest version automatically.

However, I noticed that the firmware in the web interface mentions V1, while the label at the boom of the switch and on the packages says V1.2 !

So, what's the difference?

I have seen the size of the firmware is also different...

And, since we are here, what is the difference with V1.6 ?

Thank you,

Fra

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SG3428X difference between V1, V1.2 and V1.6-Solution
2023-11-06 03:03:15 - last edited 2023-11-06 03:04:53

Hi @nicolati 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Usually V1.0 = V1.6. They are manufactured in different factories.

V1.2 is a special one. Practically, they don't really share the same firmware as the V1.0(or V1.6).

Chipset is usually different between V1.0(V1.6) and V1.2. But the performance would be the same. When you upgrade, please make sure you upload the right firmware version if you got a V1.2.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:SG3428X difference between V1, V1.2 and V1.6-Solution
2023-11-06 03:03:15 - last edited 2023-11-06 03:04:53

Hi @nicolati 

Usually V1.0 = V1.6. They are manufactured in different factories.

V1.2 is a special one. Practically, they don't really share the same firmware as the V1.0(or V1.6).

Chipset is usually different between V1.0(V1.6) and V1.2. But the performance would be the same. When you upgrade, please make sure you upload the right firmware version if you got a V1.2.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:SG3428X difference between V1, V1.2 and V1.6
2023-11-06 08:28:40

@Clive_A Hi Clive,

thx for answering, first of all.

The problem is that the web interface says 1.0, while the bottom of the router says 1.20 ...

I'm confused...

If Omada flashed the wrong version by mistake, should I see any problem?

Or, if I now flash again with V1.20, will I experience any issue?

Thank you,

Fra

Options
Re:SG3428X difference between V1, V1.2 and V1.6
2023-11-07 01:53:47

Hi @nicolati 

nicolati wrote

@Clive_A Hi Clive,

thx for answering, first of all.

The problem is that the web interface says 1.0, while the bottom of the router says 1.20 ...

I'm confused...

If Omada flashed the wrong version by mistake, should I see any problem?

Or, if I now flash again with V1.20, will I experience any issue?

Thank you,

Fra

Just flash with the firmware you download from the official website with the right hardware version. You should not run into any issues.

Now you see the label is V1.2, so download the V1.2 from the official website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 3

Related Articles