Free Radius setup help

Free Radius setup help

Free Radius setup help
Free Radius setup help
2023-11-08 00:14:45 - last edited 2023-11-10 01:45:25
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Since the internal Radius server on the latest controller won't work with Android, I have been trying to get Free Radius up and running.

Currently, I can authenticate if I use cleartext passwords, but that is not acceptable.  

If I use md5, then it will no longer work from my Omada system, however, it will work if I use radtest.  Even if I use radtest remotely.

Would ANYONE who has experience with FreeRadius setup be wiling to help me with this?  I have googled a ton, but really haven't found any answers on this.

Thanks!

PS: I am happy to provide whatever details are needed, but I don't want to put 97 million lines of logs/config files if I don't need to.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Free Radius setup help-Solution
2023-11-09 02:23:16 - last edited 2023-11-10 01:45:25

I figured out a workable solution.  It appears that I can us ntlm 'out of the box'.  So instead of MD5-Password:= "some md5 hash" I am using NT-Password:= "Some NTLM hash".

I am using a website the NTLM hashes (once again, I can't post links, but a Google search will get you any number of sites to generate the hashes for you!).  it appears to be working now.  Although I have to confirm that on-site.

My plan is to have my users generate the hashes and send those to me directly.  Then I will create their user accounts in the Freeradius user file.  That way I don't know their password.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Free Radius setup help
2023-11-08 08:41:14
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Free Radius setup help
2023-11-08 16:09:15

Thanks, but neither of those links help.  The first one is regarding the API which I am not using, and the other one requires certificates to be installed on the end user's devices, which I don't want.

I am just simply looking to have the users log in with a username and password that is unique to them.  I just want the passwords to be a md5 hash since I don't want to have access to whatever password they use.

Options
Re:Free Radius setup help-Solution
2023-11-09 02:23:16 - last edited 2023-11-10 01:45:25

I figured out a workable solution.  It appears that I can us ntlm 'out of the box'.  So instead of MD5-Password:= "some md5 hash" I am using NT-Password:= "Some NTLM hash".

I am using a website the NTLM hashes (once again, I can't post links, but a Google search will get you any number of sites to generate the hashes for you!).  it appears to be working now.  Although I have to confirm that on-site.

My plan is to have my users generate the hashes and send those to me directly.  Then I will create their user accounts in the Freeradius user file.  That way I don't know their password.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 3

Related Articles