Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.10_Linux_x64.tar.gz(Beta) Breaks 6GHz / WiFi6e on EAP690HDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.10_Linux_x64.tar.gz(Beta) Breaks 6GHz / WiFi6e on EAP690HDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 19:32:03 - last edited 2023-11-13 01:30:04
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Thought I'd give the new beta a shot since 5.12.x was a failure.  Same problem: nothing will connect to 6GHz.  But as soon as I downgrade back to 5.9.x everything will be right as rain.  Very, very unfortunate.

Can anyone at TP Link provide an update as to when these issues will be resolved?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.10_Linux_x64.tar.gz(Beta) Breaks 6GHz / WiFi6e on EAP690HDs-Solution
2023-11-11 18:57:14 - last edited 2023-11-13 01:30:04

I sent this to support, but wanted to update here:

Hello.  Sorry for the delayed reply.  Been busy.

So I was able to upgrade the Linux Software to 5.13.10 again this morning and I am happy to report that it works now.  Attached is the info pre and post upgrade for reference.

Unfortunately it's not the exact same scenario as the last time when I posted the issue.  After the last issue I attempted to downgrade my controller back to 5.9 and restore my last 5.9 backup and after I did I got stuck in an endless loop of devices adopting/configuring/rebooting/disconnecting, and I had to reset every device on my network and basically rebuild everything from scratch.  When I did that, I did not have the time to reintroduce my MGMT vLAN and probably a few other things I'm not thinking about.  Additionally, I went straight to 5.13.10 this morning and did not take the 5.12.x GA release as an intermediate step this time either, although in hindsight I probably should have tried that too.  But now here I am with a working solution and I'm not too keen on trying to break it again.

So, you can get to 5.13.10 on Ubuntu and have WiFi6e work.  But with the differences between this and first time I tried, I'm not sure what made it successful this time vs last.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re: Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.10_Linux_x64.tar.gz(Beta) Breaks 6GHz / WiFi6e on EAP690HDs
2023-11-09 09:38:31

Hello @W38122077,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231115662, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re: Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.13.10_Linux_x64.tar.gz(Beta) Breaks 6GHz / WiFi6e on EAP690HDs-Solution
2023-11-11 18:57:14 - last edited 2023-11-13 01:30:04

I sent this to support, but wanted to update here:

Hello.  Sorry for the delayed reply.  Been busy.

So I was able to upgrade the Linux Software to 5.13.10 again this morning and I am happy to report that it works now.  Attached is the info pre and post upgrade for reference.

Unfortunately it's not the exact same scenario as the last time when I posted the issue.  After the last issue I attempted to downgrade my controller back to 5.9 and restore my last 5.9 backup and after I did I got stuck in an endless loop of devices adopting/configuring/rebooting/disconnecting, and I had to reset every device on my network and basically rebuild everything from scratch.  When I did that, I did not have the time to reintroduce my MGMT vLAN and probably a few other things I'm not thinking about.  Additionally, I went straight to 5.13.10 this morning and did not take the 5.12.x GA release as an intermediate step this time either, although in hindsight I probably should have tried that too.  But now here I am with a working solution and I'm not too keen on trying to break it again.

So, you can get to 5.13.10 on Ubuntu and have WiFi6e work.  But with the differences between this and first time I tried, I'm not sure what made it successful this time vs last.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 343

Replies: 2

Related Articles