Cannot Connect to EAP650

Cannot Connect to EAP650

Cannot Connect to EAP650
Cannot Connect to EAP650
2023-11-11 10:21:29 - last edited 2023-11-16 01:03:18

I plugged my EAP650 to TL-SG1005P PoE switch and it powered on. But looks like my iPhone is having problem connecting the AP. I have tried two different iPhones and one laptop, all the same. Although the Omada app shows connected to the AP's WiFi, it cannot find the EAP. Neither using browser visiting tplinkeap.net. Anyone knows what is the issue here?

8662f83b4b744ddc8b0c0ec10d84b119

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot Connect to EAP650-Solution
2023-11-13 03:36:14 - last edited 2023-11-16 01:03:18

Hello @MonsieurZ,

Please reset the EAP and set it up again.

How to reset: please press the reset button on the EAP for 4 seconds and make sure the LED light changes, EAP's WiFi name will back to the default one tplink_5G and without a password.

Now use the phone to connect to the default WiFi and if you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails. Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC to replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check the PC can get internet or not.

If you can connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi but no internet, please check the IP address on the phone or PC.
How to find IP address of Android smartphone/iPhone/iPad

If you can get a valid IP address, please do the Ping test on the PC, we need to Ping the router’s LAN IP, ping the 8.8.8.8 to check the connectivity.
Here is the instruction of the Ping test.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Connect to EAP650-Solution
2023-11-13 03:36:14 - last edited 2023-11-16 01:03:18

Hello @MonsieurZ,

Please reset the EAP and set it up again.

How to reset: please press the reset button on the EAP for 4 seconds and make sure the LED light changes, EAP's WiFi name will back to the default one tplink_5G and without a password.

Now use the phone to connect to the default WiFi and if you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails. Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC to replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check the PC can get internet or not.

If you can connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi but no internet, please check the IP address on the phone or PC.
How to find IP address of Android smartphone/iPhone/iPad

If you can get a valid IP address, please do the Ping test on the PC, we need to Ping the router’s LAN IP, ping the 8.8.8.8 to check the connectivity.
Here is the instruction of the Ping test.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot Connect to EAP650
2023-11-15 04:52:50

@Hank21 

Thanks for the debugging tips. That helped me identify the root cause. My APs did not connect to the router correctly. After fixing that, everything works. 

Options
Re:Cannot Connect to EAP650
2023-11-16 01:09:59

Hello @MonsieurZ,

Thank you for your valued feedback! Glad to hear that your concern was resolved finally.

Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products and have a great day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 3

Related Articles