Cant login to omada controller on firefox but i can with chrome

2023-12-01 21:40:00 - last edited 2023-12-07 02:11:48
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: omada_v5.13.22

Hi,

For what ever reason when i try to login to the controller with firefox it seems to just reload the page after i try to login with no given errors and with chrome it works perfectly fine and i can login without any issues.

Setup:

Omada controller self hosted on debian linux

What ive tried:

Clearing browser cache and cookies

Updating the controller

Tried on a different broswer which worked

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Cant login to omada controller on firefox but i can with chrome-Solution
2023-12-06 19:03:29 - last edited 2023-12-07 02:11:54

Alright

Well ive figured it out.

For what ever reason and i dont have a specific one yet but one of my extentions is causing the login issues why i have no idea but i can now login just fine

Going to look into it further still but atleast its working right now

Thank you very much for the help

Leo

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-06 19:08:18 - last edited 2023-12-07 02:11:48
Alright so dark reader on firefox was the issue for me apparently
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Cant login to omada controller on firefox but i can with chrome
2023-12-04 07:19:40

Hello @1eo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

May I confirm whether this issue started to happen after you upgraded the controller firmware to v5.13.22?

Have you tried login via the Private window? Have you checked the firewall or anti-virus software?

Please confirm whether there is an error message in the bottom left corner when you try to login to the controller with Firefox.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-04 17:01:57
Hi Hank21 Thank you for your reply The issue originally happened after i updated omada, granted i do not remember the version that the issue occurred from i will have to try and look back into it Ive just tried private window and it sadly doesnt change anything As for the error message what exactly happens is the following: * Type in username and password * Press login *I wait about 3 to 5 seconds *Page then reloads back to login screen without any errors showing what so ever Looking forward to your response Kind regards Leo
Options
2023-12-05 05:52:50

Hi @1eo,

Did you use the Local Username and password to login the Controller?

Could you please try logging into the controller via Main Cloud Account for testing? Use the TP-Link ID(Email address) and the password to log into the local controller via Firefox.

Please also try to downgrading the controller back to the v5.12 to test whether this issue can be fixed, and note backup settings files before you downgrade.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-06 18:15:26

Hi  @Hank21 

* Ive always used my email to login to the controller via its local ip
* I can successfully login to tp link cloud where i can see my controller

* Ive just tried to login with the local account via the local ip of the controller and it does the same thing

I will try to downgrade the controller when i can and i will also see if my friends that use firefox can login to my controller with my account

Leo

Options
2023-12-06 18:21:23
Hi ive just had my friend test it with firefox and its identical behavior It loads as its going to login and then the page refreshes back to the login screen So it could be now down to the controller version being broken or my controller in particular is broken for some reason and not allowing firefox to login
Options
2023-12-06 18:44:46

So testing further:

We tried it on Waterfox browser and it worked. This browser is a fork of firefox and it runs on a bit of a older version of firefox

So what likely could of happened is firefox got updated and then it broke.

This being said we tried the browser Brave and it didnt let us login and preformed the same actions with refreshing the page but this time at the top of the screen there was a error that showed up that was quite a long read. Sadly we didnt get a screenshot as the popup was so quick and it only happened once and we tried again and the popup at the top wasnt showing anymore and was acting the same way that firefox currently does for us

Im going to try and continue testing things and seeing if stuff changes

Thanks
Leo

Options
2023-12-06 19:03:29 - last edited 2023-12-07 02:11:54

Alright

Well ive figured it out.

For what ever reason and i dont have a specific one yet but one of my extentions is causing the login issues why i have no idea but i can now login just fine

Going to look into it further still but atleast its working right now

Leo

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-06 19:08:18 - last edited 2023-12-07 02:11:48
Alright so dark reader on firefox was the issue for me apparently
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-07 02:13:46

Hi @1eo,

Thanks for your sharing! Glad to hear that the issue you have solved, you may feel free to post a new thread if you have any issues on our products later.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 9

Related Articles