Jumbo Frames on ER8411

Jumbo Frames on ER8411
Jumbo Frames on ER8411
2024-01-08 02:29:38
Tags: #Jumbo Frames
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230705 Rel.64091

I bought a ER8411 router for my vSphere home lab where I now want to enable jumbo frames throughout. I currently have the router in non-controller mode and its connected to my 10GbE switch and everything is working great in this VLAN-segmented network. I want to install NSX-T Data Center now and one of the requirements calls for an MTU of 1700 or higher throughout with a recommendation of supporting an MTU of 9000 within the vSphere enviornment. The only place on the ER8411 that I see can accept a custom MTU configuration is the interface that's configured for WAN connectivity. Do this mean that the ER8411 cannot support jumbo frames on the LAN side? I have looked through the forum's business threads and only find two threads when searching for "jumbo frames". Disappointing, really, but TP-Link is prosumer hardware so not really unexpected. I didn't find any indication that jumbo frames are possible from the ER8411 owner's guide either. Does the ER8411 not support custom MTU settings on any other ports except thoses marked for WAN Mode?

I currently have interface 4 going to my ASA which is connected to my ISP. Obviously, this is my WAN interface. My LAN interface is SFP+ port 2 connected to my 10GbE switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 0

Tags

Jumbo Frames
Related Articles