Auto MDI-X recognition Omada controller

2024-01-09 10:51:04 - last edited 2024-01-26 02:44:48
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.73473

Hi,

I have a few network ports which are wired the wrong way on one side.
One end is TIA-568A and the other end is TIA-568B. 

The TL-SG2428P v4.0 is recognizing this via MDI-X and is fixing it internaly.

I like to fix these ports physicaly to avoid problems in the future but I'm not shure which port are affected.

Is there any chance to find these ports in the omada controller or somehow else?

best regards

Sven

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Auto MDI-X recognition Omada controller-Solution
2024-01-12 07:44:13 - last edited 2024-01-26 02:44:48

Hi @Scorven 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Hmm if it is in controller mode, it does not have any feature to detect the cable.

If in standalone, you might check this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-26 02:44:37 - last edited 2024-01-26 02:44:50

Hi @Scorven 

Scorven wrote

Hi and thanks for the answer. Can I switch from controller mode in standalone and back without any issues?

Switch from any mode to another will lose the config. Please make sure you back them up.

Sorry for the late rely, please make sure you @ me when you reply. Or click reply under my post so I can be mentioned.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-01-12 07:44:13 - last edited 2024-01-26 02:44:48

Hi @Scorven 

Hmm if it is in controller mode, it does not have any feature to detect the cable.

If in standalone, you might check this.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Auto MDI-X recognition Omada controller
2024-01-15 09:53:21
Hi and thanks for the answer. Can I switch from controller mode in standalone and back without any issues?
Options
2024-01-26 02:44:37 - last edited 2024-01-26 02:44:50

Hi @Scorven 

Scorven wrote

Switch from any mode to another will lose the config. Please make sure you back them up.

Sorry for the late rely, please make sure you @ me when you reply. Or click reply under my post so I can be mentioned.

Recommended Solution
Options