Removing LAG leaves ports unusable

2024-01-14 10:42:24 - last edited 2024-01-16 22:10:30

Hi.

I have configured 3 LACP teams via Omada Software controller on an SG3428X v1. Now, I removed team 2. Team 1 and 3 continue to work properly, but the former ports of team 2 are now unusable. Disabling/enabling works but the ports are not forwarding anything regardless of their configuration.

- I tried to operate them as standard ports with the same or different VLANs / PVID with no use.

- I also tried to build a new LAG team with these ports using the old team number 2. Interestingly, the controller remembered the old team name, so I guess, the configuration has not been entirely deleted on the switch which now causes the trouble.

- I then tried to build a new LAG team with the old ports but team number 4. Didn't work either.

Can someone confirm the problem or has similar issues or a workaround? Unfortunately, the switch is part of a production environment, so I cannot risk losing more ports or LAG 3 by deleting it, too, for simple testing.

Thanks.

Omada Software controller is 5.13.22 on Debian.

Switch firmware is 1.30.0

Martin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Removing LAG leaves ports unusable-Solution
2024-01-16 01:17:44 - last edited 2024-01-16 22:10:30

Hi  @mwo

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So have you tried to give it a reboot? After the config on the controller, reboot the switch so it readopts and syncs the config to the switch. Will that fix the problem?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Removing LAG leaves ports unusable-Solution
2024-01-16 01:17:44 - last edited 2024-01-16 22:10:30

Hi  @mwo

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So have you tried to give it a reboot? After the config on the controller, reboot the switch so it readopts and syncs the config to the switch. Will that fix the problem?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Removing LAG leaves ports unusable
2024-01-16 22:09:25

Hi @Clive_A 

Thanks. A reboot helped. It's working now.

Anyway, reconfiguring LAG should be possible without rebooting the entire switch. I had to wait till closing time. And the controller still remembered the old LAG name. It would be nice if you can fix this in one of the next updates.

Thanks again.

Martin

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 271

Replies: 2

Related Articles