Remote telephones not working ...

2024-01-16 19:05:39 - last edited 2024-01-17 08:00:28
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.6.4

Hi everybody:

I just installed our controller system, and we're having some issues with remote XSTIM extensions on our phone system.  Here's what's happening:

1.  Calls made from the extension to outside numbers are OK.

2.  If a call comes to the extension from the auto attendant, the extension cannot hear or talk to the outside caller.

Per our manual, we have the following NAT/Port Forwarding entries enabled:

Port 7000 (remote signaling)  forwards via UDP to our phone system.

Ports 10000-13999 (RTP Media) forwards via UDP to our phone system.

I've tried to toggle SIP ALG on and off, with no help.

Could anyone who has phone systems running with the controller provide any assistance?

Thanks for the help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Remote telephones not working ...-Solution
2024-01-16 22:12:47 - last edited 2024-01-17 08:00:28

@RCPWisc 

I think you should try upgrade your software. You can download from tp-link and update Manuel. If you have same problem after update maybe someone from tp-link have to look at it. 

Remember backup your system before updating 😄

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Remote telephones not working ...
2024-01-16 21:38:34

@RCPWisc 

I really don't understand what an OC200 has to do with your phone system, the OC200 is a device for managing switcher access points and routers, not phone systems. so in order for you to get help you have to explain briefly what you have in your network and how it is configured.

Do you have a router from TP-Link or is it a router from another supplier? is the router connected and has a public ip or is it behind another firewall

Options
2024-01-16 21:45:56
We have an ER8411 router, which the controller manages. We have an exclusively TP-LINK network, including several jetstream switches, access points, the ER8411 and the controller. The port forwarding takes places in the controller - that's where I've been going. I have all the requisite ports forwarded as per our phone system, and on one remote phone set, I'm not getting any audio. No other firewall ... just the ER8411, connected to the internet with a static IP.
Options
2024-01-16 21:52:10

@RCPWisc 

Ok, then we have some more info to work with :-)
you have an old version on your controller, what firmware do you have on the ER8411? you may want to upgrade your system. I myself have an ER8411 and there have been quite a few changes to it with each upgrade.

Options
2024-01-16 22:00:22

@RCPWisc 

I have not used IP telephony on TP-Link routers, but I have done it quite a bit on Cisco firewalls and there it has been either SIP ALG on or off, somewhat depending on the system, there has never been any problem on Cisco.

i don't really know if it will work same way on ER8411,

Options
2024-01-16 22:05:50
Thanks for the help, Mr. S. I know that on our system, SIP ALG must be off. I've verified that the box is not checked in the controller. We were using a Cisco series (RV325), and it worked fine. This ihas got me scratching my head - it shouldn't be this difficult. When I check for an update on the OC200 (v1), I get a "general error" response. Should I download the firmware and manually upgrade it? I'm not seeing that the router has a new firmware version available, but after checking on TP-LINK's web site, I see that v1.2.0 is the current version (I have v1.0). Is it because the controller firmware isn't new enough to detect that an update's available?
Options
Re:Remote telephones not working ...-Solution
2024-01-16 22:12:47 - last edited 2024-01-17 08:00:28

@RCPWisc 

I think you should try upgrade your software. You can download from tp-link and update Manuel. If you have same problem after update maybe someone from tp-link have to look at it. 

Remember backup your system before updating 😄

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-16 23:12:19
Thanks for the advice - I upgraded both the controller and router, and my issue has resolved itself. Appreciate all your help!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 7

Related Articles