Setting up the embedded RADIUS server on the controller

2024-01-17 14:43:56 - last edited 2024-01-17 15:40:48
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.13.23

I was looking for some direction on enabling and using the embedded RADIUS server in Omada. I do not see where you enable this and when I setup a RADIUS profile it asks for an authentication server but doesn't give me the option of choosing the local server - or maybe I have to add the controller IP??

Can someone point me to documentation or an example of how to setup WPA Enterprise to use the embedded RADIUS server for authentication?

Since I am running the Windows version of the controller software maybe I need to run a local radius server in Windows and call it that way as a better option?

Note: I'm trying to setup a replacement for PPSK that allows authentication to assign users to specific VLANS as I've done with the PPSK profiles.

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setting up the embedded RADIUS server on the controller-Solution
2024-01-17 15:19:04 - last edited 2024-01-17 15:40:48

@OrangeStreet 

global and server settings, enable tunnel relpay for vlan

be aware if you have several customers on the same controler. a Radius user can log in with the same account on all sites. users is also global.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up the embedded RADIUS server on the controller-Solution
2024-01-17 15:19:04 - last edited 2024-01-17 15:40:48

@OrangeStreet 

global and server settings, enable tunnel relpay for vlan

be aware if you have several customers on the same controler. a Radius user can log in with the same account on all sites. users is also global.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles