ER707-M2 issues with latest firmware

2024-01-18 01:31:09
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240109 Rel.72478

Hi team,

Ever since I've upgraded the firmware for the ER707 from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1, I noticed that a few things has stopped working normally.

1. All IP Phones in my office can no longer connect, it says No Service, but the LAN ports connected to them is working just fine. Have not whitelist any ports specifically for SIP, since last time, it wasn't required, and the IP Phones worked just fine.

2. MQTT Explorer can no longer connect the our Node Red server, even with port forwarding the specific ports required for it. Previously, it was working fine.

Please help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ER707-M2 issues with latest firmware
2024-01-19 05:50:49

Hi @Zack_Amin,

Thanks for reporting this issue to our Business community!

Could you check whether these IP phones still get the IP addresses? Can MQTT Explorer ping through the Node Red server?

May I know whether the ER707-M2 accesses the internet normally? Please reboot the modem and the router for testing.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
3 weeks ago

As of to date, I am now on firmware version 1.2.2. No issues faced with the IP Phones anymore (but the MQTT Explorer is still having issues to connect, suspect might be the issue with the Node Red server itself), but I am seeing some crazy high latency on my fibre broadband connected to WAN1 from time to time, followed by "Page is not responding" error when browsing. Takes a few refresh and then it went back to normal. Not really sure what is causing this, either the firmware or the router hardware itself, but I have no issues with speed and latency on a wired connection.

these are all the devices I have in my office, and their respective firmware versions. We are roughly having 200++ clients connected to the network, majority are on WiFi. Any feedback on how to solve the latency and WiFi speed issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Zack_Amin 

Could you please try to add a test 5Ghz only SSID, and check if the issue still happens?

Follow the screenshot settings for this 5Ghz only SSID:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Yesterday

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply. I have done as per suggestions, but still getting erratic latency spikes on a daily basis.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 4

Related Articles