Moved my Controller to a new VLAN and now all my switches are showing "Disconnected"

Moved my Controller to a new VLAN and now all my switches are showing "Disconnected"

2024-02-02 19:58:47 - last edited 2024-02-04 01:22:43

Im on the current software controller.   I moved the pc that the has the software controller on it to the same VLAN that i had moved all my Cameras too as that PC was also the BlueIris Machine for recording the cameras.   Everything is working fine, but the Omada GUI is useless. 

Oh, and the and the clients tab is blank. 

I have turned off the Windows Firewall to rule that out

I have checked the 3 ACL tabs in the Controller, not rules defined. 

I can telnet (ports) from the Controllers Windows host on 80 & 443, but NOT on 29811-29816 ports.  I checked those ports from other devices, they are not open from other devices either.  Checked Router and 1 of the switches. 

Rebooted one of the switches.  No change.  All Status are Red Boxed Disconnected. 

Based on being able to telnet to all devices on other VLANs from that host, routing to them is working. 

I changed the IP address to the new VLAN 20 address that host is now on.  No difference.    -Bill

Bill http:\\cowlesmountain.com Traveling the USA in a 40' Bus
Options
1 Reply
Re:Moved my Controller to a new VLAN and now all my switches are showing "Disconnected"
2024-02-13 15:30:04

@BigBillSD 

The controller does not search subnets/VLANS for compatible Omada devices, it will ONLY search the subnet it is on.

The other devices will also not search for the controller, they have to be told where it is using DHCP option 138. But this will not work if you are using fixed IP's for your Omada devices.

Having the controller on a different network to the other devices is a bad idea in general, especially if you are using an Omada router.. why..., because if you need to replace the router, it comes out of the box with a fixed IP addess (192.168.0.1) and when you plug it it the controller (which is on a different subnet) will not be able to find it...., then you have to do a bunch of manual configuration steps which defeats the purpose of running and SDN in the first place.

Options