Votes

Need capability to download Controller backups remotely. Need ability to name router ports.

Votes

Need capability to download Controller backups remotely. Need ability to name router ports.

2024-02-24 18:44:23
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

1. When managing multiple sites remotely (currently we have around 40 locations), we need to be able to remotely dowload a backup of the settings when we make any changes.  It's crazy that this can only be done locally when onsite.  I realize that I can put usb thumbdrives at all the sites, but that doesn't really solve the issues of being able to download a backup after changes have been made.  We use Unifi equipment as well on quite a few sites with similar equipment, and they have the ability to remotely download a settings backup at anytime from anywhere.  What is preventing this Omada equiment from doing this?  This is a huge downer for trying to manage multiple sites.

2. We need to be able to name all of the ports on the Omada equipment.  This can be done on all of the switches, but can't seem to be able name the ports on the routers (ER605, ER706).  Why can't these ports be edited (named)?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need capability to download Controller backups remotely. Need ability to name router ports.
2024-02-26 03:06:39

Hi @RSCW

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:Need capability to download Controller backups remotely. Need ability to name router ports.
2024-03-06 14:48:02
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/607962
Options
Re:Need capability to download Controller backups remotely. Need ability to name router ports.
2024-04-01 17:55:33
The ability to do remote backups seems like a basic but very important feature that is needed in order to properly manage multiple sites. I get that most "home users" might not need this, but if you want to expand your brand beyond home use, we need this feature. Is there a hardware limitation on the controllers? Or is this just not viewed as a priority for Omada programmers?
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 196

Replies: 3

Voters 2