2 WANs to 2 different devices via 1 router and switch

2024-03-15 11:16:05 - last edited 2024-03-22 01:36:06
Model: SL2428P   ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi I have this situation, I have Router R605 and into it goes to WAN1 Fiber and into WAN2 5G PLAY from the other router, everything goes out via LAN5 port co switch SG2428P.
The situation is that I have only 1 RJ45 cable in the living room and unfortunately I can't add another one, and I need to connect the DECO X50-POE with fiber from the TV BOX from the 5G PLAY can I somehow separate the LANs so that the internet from the 5G PLAY only goes into the TV BOX and the fiber only goes into the DECO X50-POE?
Do I need a second switch and VLAN for that?
Below I am attaching a diagram of how it currently looks like at my place and what is my Plan for if it can work like this?)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:2 WANs to 2 different devices via 1 router and switch-Solution
2024-03-18 01:18:53 - last edited 2024-03-22 01:36:06

Hi @Glupikocz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Don't create a loop in your network. I don't think this is good. But you can try but I will not help you troubleshoot the issues.

2. You should use Policy Routing and VLAN interface on the router to create the separation.

Get different VLAN interfaces talk to different WAN which are different Internet sources.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:2 WANs to 2 different devices via 1 router and switch-Solution
2024-03-18 01:18:53 - last edited 2024-03-22 01:36:06

Hi @Glupikocz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Don't create a loop in your network. I don't think this is good. But you can try but I will not help you troubleshoot the issues.

2. You should use Policy Routing and VLAN interface on the router to create the separation.

Get different VLAN interfaces talk to different WAN which are different Internet sources.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 93

Replies: 1

Related Articles